Hydrexia offers mobile and stationary hydrogen storage products for industrial and energy customers.
Ground Storage Products
Hydrexia’s solid-state ground storage product is a scalable skid-based solution designed for industrial and energy customer sites that currently use multi-cylinder packs or tube trailers for hydrogen supply or backup. Our product is based on a modular design that can be tailored to meet the customer application. Metal hydride storage vessels are packaged together into a variety of configurations to optimize storage capacity and flow rates to satisfy customer requirements. The balance of plant system provides the required thermal management, interfaces and controls for an autonomous hydrogen storage and delivery system.
100 Kg hydrogen storage pack and balance of plant at Brisbane production facility
Our ground storage products provide several benefits when compared with compressed hydrogen systems:
- Lower Capital Cost – Hydrexia systems are about half the capital cost ($/kg-H2) of compressed hydrogen storage.
- Increased Storage Density – Hydrexia products can provide three to four times the storage density of compressed hydrogen, which reduces footprint and simplifies siting.
- Superior Safety – Hydrexia products operate at low pressure (up to 10bar), which provides superior safety.
Hydrexia’s ground storage products will be available for commercial deliveries starting Q1 2017.
Mobile Delivery Products
Hydrexia’s solid-state trailer product is optimized for high hydrogen storage density and low delivery cost. Our trailer design can deliver up to 900 kg of hydrogen, more than three times the capacity of a standard bulk tube trailer used by industrial gas companies today. At the filling station, the trailer is filled with hydrogen at low pressure (up to 10bar). At the customer site, the trailer is connected to Hydrexia’s balance of plant system, which supplies the necessary thermal management and controls for autonomous hydrogen delivery to the customer site.
Our solid-state trailer provides several benefits when compared with conventional compressed hydrogen tube trailer platforms:
- Lower Cost of Delivery – Hydrexia’s solid-state trailers are about half the capital cost ($/kg-H2) of conventional bulk tube trailers and can reduce the total cost of hydrogen delivery by 30-40%.
- Greater Hydrogen Storage Density – Hydrexia’s solid-state trailer can carry up to 900 kg of hydrogen in a single trip, over three times more than a standard tube trailer; reducing logistics costs and GHG emissions.
- Low Pressure – Standard tube trailers require compressors at the filling terminal, which are expensive and require significant maintenance, whereas Hydrexia’s solid-state solutions operate at near ambient pressure and require little infrastructure at the filling station.
Hydrexia’s mobile delivery products will be available for commercial deliveries starting Q2 2017.
Hydrexia’s products are designed and manufactured in compliance with regional codes, standards and certifications for pressure vessel and electrical systems. Hydrexia’s storage and delivery system provides inherent economic, operational and safety advantages over compressed gas hydrogen storage.